"Built in 1885, this one and a half story crosswing "T" cottage is capped by intersecting gable roofs of differing heights. Over the taller projecting wing, a clipped gable with decorative turned and scroll-cut woodwork accents the steeply pitched rake. The clipped gable is repeated on a dormer on the right side of the flanking wing which, clearly visible from the street, complements the front gable. The narrow overhang of the roof is detailed by a continuous wood fascia and frieze which wrap the perimeter of the roof. A sense of entry to the house is created by a hip-roof covered porch which runs the length of the flanking wing. Supporting the porch roof are five lathe-turned wood columns. The exterior brick walls, which rest on a stone foundation, are accented by richly adorned door and window openings where the majority of architectural detailing occurs. Below the main gable, two large window openings are capped by alternating soldier courses which create a pedimental head over the upper floor window and a segmental arch over the main floor window. Each head is terminated on either end by a sandstone plinth block which provides a transition for a dogtooth soldier course on the facade of the projecting wing. The main floor parlor window is created by three vertical bays of double hung windows with multi-paned lights in the upper sashes of the flanking windows. The majority of original doors and windows, which remain in place, are capped by segmental brick arches."
The Clark Family built this house just prior to Amasa Lyman's marriage to Alice Steed. His first wife died in 1895, and in 1897 he remarried. He lived in the house most of his long life. He was president of the Davis County Bank, and even in his 90's could be seen riding his bicycle to work. He was also Farmington's Mayor(1908-1912). This house had the first running water in the neighborhood, from a tank mounted outside the kitchen window.